SATA Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your motherboard: 865PE Neo2-PFISR

Supported Motherboards: 865PE Neo2

Looks like they match

well to install the SATA Drivers on a fresh format requires you to press F6 when the WinXP first boots up and install the drivers from a floppy.

Something tells me he is missing the floppy.

The floppy loads drivers for the new interface because although the bios recognizes it, its not like a standard EIDE drive.

Look at the bottom/top of your screen as your installing windows, as Nubius said, you should see something like "Pr.ess F6 to install SATA....blah blah blah"

yea i know about the F6. but you're right, i am missing a floppy. where do i get one from??

its a wd 200gb.

lol, reading over the post i can see the confusion. no they didn't come with the mobo.

how do you install them??

xotix, :rolleyes:

Do you want to install a new OS in your sata drive? or just use it as a secodary drive?

If you wanna use it as a secondary drive, just get the drivers from the link in the above post and install the drivers in windows [ device manager ]

If you want to install OS in the sata drive, then as said before , press F6 during OS installtion and insert the floppy with the required sata files from the sata driver package and install.

Am i missing something?:rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom