which catalyst driver is best for 9800Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdoKoi

In Runtime
x-mas came early for me!

just got my 9800pro 128mb 256bit card in from newegg today!

but seriously, i want to know for those who have the card, which catalyst drivers are best to use w/ this card?

i know i should just dl the latest, but i know some ppl prefer one over another.

thanks all!

I realize your asking for catalyst but I generally like the Omega drivers the best, I think they really do help framerate wise.

^ Been reading a lot about omega improve benchmarks but not necessarily game performance. EdoKoi, the newest drivers will work fine (althought i'm using 4.11 currently)

If you play HL2 I suggest dl 4.12 as they out now.

I noticed an improvement of 10 fps constant and more in isolated areas with my 9800 pro.

But there seems to be a side effect but you have to look closely. There seems to be a "green" gamma with the 4.12 that randomly go and come away.

I have been using cat 4.11, I did not know what 4.12 is out. I have not had any problems with the 4.11 version. Try either that or the 4.12. You should be fine with either.

i just finally completed installing and running the cat 4.12 newest drivers...after much messin' around, i got it running fine..

i played up to Nova Prospekt w/ my older nVidia Ti4200 128mb card...then my puter took a dump, i had re-install windows (don't ask), but lost all of my saved games of HL2 : (

so i dumped it back in and played up to the airboat water canal area.

now i finally got the 9800Pro running, i can't wait to test it out w/ a true DirectX 9.0 card!

thanks for all your suggestions everybody!

Yea I read earlier today actually, we're looking for an actual performance increase in the newer drivers which would be sweet. I'll upgrade regardless probably but, if it makes the card work better, then w00t =) thanks for the reply though dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom