Youtube video player problems. Is it my gpu?

vijackie

Beta member
I just built a new pc:
1060gt 6gb
8gb ram
i5- 6500
MSI H110M
500W evga bronze

When watching youtube videos my browser (google chrome) sometimes randomly freezes for a couple of seconds and then the video goes green. If I refresh the problem is fixed--but only momentarily.
The gaming part of this computer has been smooth so far (witcher 3 ultra, wow, overwatch) and I've had no problems there.
So is this a problem with my gpu? It's been less than 30 days since my purchase so I need to know if I should have it replaced.

Reinstalling graphics drivers and adobe flash player didn't work.

If YouTube is using the Flash Player, right click -> Properties -> Disable hardware acceleration.

Should be using the HTML5 version of YouTube if you're not already.

From your listed specs I doubt it's hardware. It may be a driver but I would rather think you need to try Carnage idea first. Oddly enough, I've had issues before where the sound was interfering with my video as well.

From your listed specs I doubt it's hardware. It may be a driver but I would rather think you need to try Carnage idea first. Oddly enough, I've had issues before where the sound was interfering with my video as well.

Html5 is enabled on chrome
If I disable hardware acceleration then the problem fixes. I know this because the problem presents itself more often if I have a game running in the background.
With it on and a game running, one video crashed.
With it off and a game running, the video didn't crash.

Then I used Microsoft edge and it has hardware acceleration on, I know this because my video engine component of my GPU is being used while watching a video. (According to CPUID HWmonitor.

So I guess it's really the browser then huh.

You could try doing a complete reinstall of Chrome. Uninstall it, remove (or backup) any profiles left behind, then reinstall it fresh and see if the problem still occurs.

You could try doing a complete reinstall of Chrome. Uninstall it, remove (or backup) any profiles left behind, then reinstall it fresh and see if the problem still occurs.

Problem isn't solved after reinstalling chrome. This is weird. Microsoft edge works perfectly though. Maybe I'm missing a certain program on my pc? It's a new pc and there's not much on it besides adobe flash, vlc, network adapter, gpu drivers, and Visual C++

At this point I'm guessing a replacement 1060 wont fix the problem?

Back
Top Bottom