OC capabilities!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCgod*

Baseband Member
First of all hey everyone! Im new to this forum :)

i want a good cheap computer around 800$ it may seem like yeah ok kid your not going to get a decent computer for that much, but im interested in OverClocking so it might just work out for me Umm I definetly know i want a AMD but not sure a 754 or a 939 i know 939 are better for long time use and are abit faster than the 754 but the socket 754 is also alil cheaper and so is the processors. Would i still be able to run the lastest games with medium setting if I OC everything i get MB, CPU, GPU etc.?

What really is the diff between 754 and 939?

I hear that ppl say it will be outdated soon (754) or discountiud what exactly does this mean?

ANd how soon is soon? :)

2 months?, 2years?

Meaning they wont make 754 parts for the mobo when is does get outdated or discountiued???

Thus the MB and CPU will be worthless? if thats the case them i will spend the Xtra $$ to get 939

thnks alot for further advice and answers

srry i forgot to add something

Edit**

What motherboards for the 754 and the 939 are in reasonable prices that have good OC features?

Same for the CPU for 754 and 939

Thnks a Bunch!

well welcome to tf.. i'm not gonna answer anything yet at least, but your main concern for this computer is gaming no? People who do just school work don't care about overclocking so I figured as much.. but just want to make sure..

754 is already discontinued, although still for sale. I wouldn't go down that path as upgrading/fixing will be near impossile. If you do find parts they will probably be used/overpriced.

939 is faster because it has more pins, and it can transfer data faster. Also i believe alot of 754 boards require ECC Registered RAM...kinda sucks. It's generally just a slower chipset...

Yes it will be for med/gaming but yeah thats cool i will go with 939 MB but i cant jump right into 3500+ maybe like 3000+ or 3200+ which one would be better?

And what about the the MB for OC i heard the ABIT av8 has UGURU mircoprocessor now that good?

OCgod* said:
Yes it will be for med/gaming but yeah thats cool i will go with 939 MB but i cant jump right into 3500+ maybe like 3000+ or 3200+ which one would be better?

And what about the the MB for OC i heard the ABIT av8 has UGURU mircoprocessor now that good?

3000+/3200+ overclock almost exactly as high in most cases. if you can afford it i'd go with the 3200+ personally just for the sake of it (i like buying the better of the 2 for personal "security" lol)

Abit, Asus, MSI, are all brands to consider plus a few more. Personally i like Abit, but i heard MSI is right there too. Decide what you want and what you can afford and it should point out one of them over the other:)

yeah ill prob go with the 3000 first atleast im going to have a 939 socket and MB so i can upgrade later , thnks alot for all the helpful input really helped me

are we looking at video cards and ram also or are you done =( 4W got all the replies in *shakes fist* =)

OCgod* said:
yeah ill prob go with the 3000 first atleast im going to have a 939 socket and MB so i can upgrade later , thnks alot for all the helpful input really helped me

it should give you the same resutls as the 3200+ really. can use the saved money on another part of the PC:)

are we looking at video cards and ram also or are you done =( 4W got all the replies in *shakes fist* =)

lol sry, gotta keep up! jk:)

*snaps*
you're right.. I won't eat or party for a week straight.. must help TF members!! lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom