AMD 64 or 64-FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabon

Solid State Member
Where Can I find Info about the 2, I have the AMD 64 2800+ which is very good, I also have another comp that has the 1.8 P4, and the AMD Murders it like Jason, haha... Anyway, I dont have much time to look around for info about the Pro and Cons for the 2, I no AMD is better for gaming and P4 are Tax stuff, lol lets just say Im a AMD and my Dad is a P4...

I would love to no more about them, I am much happer with AMD then P4 and dont have any plans to go back to pentium, I even read there going to come out with a fake 64 bit, which it really is not.

Also I have the 754 board, should I even look at the 939, I have only seen a few of the boards around also....

And is it worth the money to switch and get a PCI express board, I have to buy 2 cards to get the full us out of it would I not...

Now FX-53 is as same as Athlon 4000+ (100% same)

FX-55 though is 200Mhz faster than both.

i'll recommend waiting 2-3 months.

as FX series might die.

yea the fx-55 is good but i think the "+" chips are gonna take over cause the fx is basically the same. look into a s939 board though. youll wish you had cause the 754 is already outdated and AMD isnt gonna upgrade them anymore.

Blind_Arrow said:
Now FX-53 is as same as Athlon 4000+ (100% same)

FX-55 though is 200Mhz faster than both.

i'll recommend waiting 2-3 months.

as FX series might die.

The multiplier isn't locked on the FX-53, meaning it is better for overclocking.

Its not but its on its way. I think Mguire is right though. The FX series is more exspensive and everybody like the whole + thing on the chips.

Intel making a fake 64-Bit chip. AMD 64 isn't even a full 64-Bit chip. For it to be fully 64-Bit, it has to have only 64-Bit registers. I think there are like 48-Bit registers that allow for 64-Bit apps to run. It is a hybrid chip. Don't say Intel is making a fake 64-Bit chip because Intel's uses AMD64 technology that is renamed as EM64T? Intel is basically copying AMD and this isn't new since AMD did this in the olden days with the K5/K6; AMD has an agreement with Intel that they can use each other's technology. For example, AMD owns the patent for hyper-threading, but Intel is the only one that has a processor capable of utilizing the technology.

Megadeth2 said:
AMD 64 isn't even a full 64-Bit chip. For it to be fully 64-Bit, it has to have only 64-Bit registers. I think there are like 48-Bit registers that allow for 64-Bit apps to run.

Explain to me how this is... if only has 48 Bit registers how is it possible that 64 Bit code can fit through...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom