Monitors Go Black, sometimes flash, sometimes stay black and require a restart

So played some games this morning, 0 problems as I have kept my fan running at 1700 rpm and my gpu is half the temperature it was before, from about 65 C to 30-35 C.

I have a 980 and mine did the exact same thing when playing games until I switched both interfaces to DisplayPort. Hasn't done it once since switching.

Does one monitor flicker/go black first? If so which interface is going to the monitor that flickers first?

I put in warranty claim with EVGA but never followed up on it but I do believe something is wrong with my DVI interface. Seems like you have the same symptoms, hope the same fix will work for you.

Thanks for the suggestions, glad it's not just me who is having/has had this problem, I haven't noticed which monitor goes out first but if It does happen again I'll be sure to let you know. I'll probably buy some converters soon to switch to the displayports

Yay, guess what happened? You guessed it, the problem's back. However, my monitors only seem to go black at random times, but when they do, they stay black and I have to restart because they say "No signal". This has happened about 3 times today within a 4 or 5 hr period, twice when I was starting up AC syndicate and once when I was idling in smite. What is happening?

Found the problem. Not sure if something's wrong with the fan adjuster program I downloaded or what but I set the fan to 50%, right? Then after a while the fan turns off, the GPU gains heat until the monitors shut off. Then I have to go manually set the fans to 50% again. What the heck?

Uh... what? My PC actually just restarted by itself. No warning, no nothing. Just monitors black, keyboard lights off, PC restart. What? I'm so confused. Please I need help with this.

Back
Top Bottom