please help! laptop drive crashed. revovery?

Going to jump in with my 2 cents worth - the freezer trick worked for 2 WD drives I had that began the Click of Death, but not for the 3rd.
Don't leave it in the freezer long (And make sure it's not "buried" in any frosty stuff. - clean shelf, or on top of something that's not got any frozen/frosted bits. And, of course, the ziploc bag needs to be brand new, so there are no holes etc, to let moisture in.
The third drive was eventually recovered partially but by our onsite company, so I don't know how much it cost. This was back in the day (early 2000, if I recall) and it was only a 120 gb or something. The other two that did work with the freezer trick were about that size as well. They were also server drives, so they had a LOT of use.
I hope you can find a solution for your problem and can recover your wedding photos.
I once lost a client's set of photos from a shoot I did for them - but thankfully my backup ninja skills helped there, as it was data corruption, not hdd hardware, and I used tool from my Uni days.

Back
Top Bottom