Buying new case, liquid cooling concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PILMAN

In Runtime
I have some concerns as I will be purchasing a new case soon as well as a liquid cooling system from thermaltake. I have never before used liquid cooling and do not know how it works but I was suggested it since my whole setup is pretty loud (and extremely overclocked). Correct me if I'm wrong but there is a water pump with some tubes attached to your socket which cools the heatsink on the CPU? If I use this setup will I need to have any fans "besides on the power supply"? I'm also concerned that the liquid cooling system will not work with my motherboard as I'm using a asus p4c800 deluxe which use socket 478 however on the details for the liquid cooling system http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl-w0005bigwater/cl-w0005.htm

it lists

All copper Waterblock:
(a). Copper waterblock with blue LED acrylic cover shining your CPU
(b). Universal clips for Intel P4 socket 775, P4, AMD K8, AMD K7, easy to install

Does this mean it won't be compatable with my motherboard?

My other concern is moving my setup to a new case, right now I'm using a thermaltake xasier III case and I'm moving to a thermaltake shark case I'm concerned that perhaps my motherboard will not fit in that case. Any thing I should worry about?

it says it is compatible with a p4 prescott so you should be ok. also you will still need case fans as this will cool only components that have a waterblock on and it seems this only comes with one for a cpu. you can probably get one for a graphics card and your northbridge as an option but i guess that depends on if the system supports that. i dont know the case you are talking about so im not sure if your motherboard will fit but you can just check what form factor it is to see if your motherboard will fit.

I was in a chat on paypal asking about this and I was told because it required socket 778 and the asus p4c800 deluxe uses socket 478 it would not fit (water heatsink wouldn't fit the cpu). I really don't want to blow money on something that won't fit :( anyone know for sure if it will?

It does not look like it is for the 478, but it does not mention it either. It only comes with the cpu water block, so you might want to look into one for the gpu or mobo chip set. Its a nice water cooling set, but if you want more, or want to make sure it works with your system, i would suggest something else.

All copper Waterblock:
(a). Copper waterblock with blue LED acrylic cover shining your CPU
(b). Universal clips for Intel P4 socket 775, P4, AMD K8, AMD K7, easy to install

it lists P4 socket 775 then says P4 immediately after, which means it will support socket 478

although I recommend you buy the separate parts for your cooling system, that way you can customise what you get
there are better water blocks than the ones they give you in those kits

how are they better? I just been getting different answers don't want to screw me self in the end :-/

Is it a good idea to go with watercooling? A lot of people in the chat room were telling me about how they had leaks/cracks because they didn't maintain there system after so many days and it destroyed their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom