Adobe Photoshop 7..?

troub1edsou1

Solid State Member
I have Photoshop 7 on an old computer and bought a new one. It is possible to copy and paste the folder to the new computer and run it? I don't have a disk for photoshop. It was a torrent file. I still have the serial key. Is this possible, or is there a way to transfer it?

i have the entire zipped file that was used to install on the old computer with serial key. Is it not possible to transfer that zip to the new computer?

i have the entire zipped file that was used to install on the old computer with serial key. Is it not possible to transfer that zip to the new computer?

If that zipped file contains all of the installation files, then yes you should be able to run it (yes the Setup.exe file) and reinstall.

I copied the zip onto the new laptop and extracted the files. Right clicked on Setup.exe file to run as admin. I got the popup asking if i wanted the program to make changes on the pc, i clicked yes, got the spinning blue wheel for about 5 secs then nothing. It just stopped and nothing else happened. I'm not sure what this means other then it wouldn't download..lol

How big was the zip package once you extracted it?

May need to run the Setup.exe in compatibility mode for an older OS. Right click Setup.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> try setting it to Windows 7.

Guess I should ask: what OS are you currently on? Win10?

Any error messages pop up when the setup fails? Or does it just flash up and disappear? Could you check the Event Viewer and look under the Software section to see if there are any error logs there?

Back
Top Bottom