atitool (9800xt timings...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Can you close ati tool and the memory timings will stay at whatever you set them too? I use power strip to overclock, so i don't want to confuse the situation hehe.. I just want to set my 9800xt timings and close ati tool, is this possible?

*edit* err.. now if only i could get ati tool to keep my overclocked settings so i can test to see if the ram timings are better/worse.. it keeps reseting my core/memory freq. whenever i open A3.. weird

Have you tried omegadrivers (download from omegadrivers.net). They are optimized ATI drivers and come with Radclocker and ATItool. Radclocker allows you to set your core/memory at wathever frequency you want and keep those settings after the next startup or go back to default. These drivers work better than ATI with fewer bugs. Or you can simply download radclocker alone. Just google it.

eh no thanks, omega drivers aren't what i'm looking for, will never use them.

in this pic, with the omega drivers, notice the bottom left corner, "boot to these settintgs.....
oc2.jpg

thats what i like about omegas, oc to what you want and what works for you then keep them at boot up or what ever.

ok, i think everyone's missing the point hehe..

I'm changing the timings on my video card which is a 9800xt. ATI Tool, can I edit the timings then close the program? Or must it run all the time to keep the changes I have made? I think this program edits the bios of the card or whatever, so there's no need to keep it open.

Power strip boots with windows and sets my video card to 425/390...

When both programs are running, I didn't want my system to get confused seeing different settings all over the place, yada yada... so that's why I was asking if I could close the program. Now whether I have ati tool, or power strip installed, my benchmarks read 48,500 (for A3) so no matter what changes I make to my system, it's like I've made no changes.. I think this is the doing of ATI tool. I'm just gonna go post on their forum and ask them.. yea

is there a program that will show my current settings on my video card? I looked and couldn't find anything.. I need to get this issue resolved quickly

eh got it, there was a registry error conflicting with power strip causing it to keep ati tool's default video settings for my card regardless of the program i was using or if it was even installed. All fixed now, yay! - screw ati tool - my 2 cents =p

umm im assuming that youve used control center (which i dont necessarily advocate), but i check my temp by goin into overdrive in there and it shows it.

yea i was looking for something to show my current speeds as ati tool was locking me from changing anything which sucked... I got it all worked out though, thanks for all the ideas though everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom