Taking a shot in the dark here..

You're going to want unlimited period, with whoever provides you the best LTE coverage out there. Take note that hotspot plans are usually different in terms of data than cell, and usually pricier.

Most modern setups are 1080p 30fps with nightvision ect that record to a local cache with software that lets you gather footage or monitor via a remote device like a phone. Something like a 4TB drive would let you cycle 30-60 days at a time and software like Blue Iris will give you the internet options you want. This is the best route to take so you're not constantly using that data and then get throttled by the provider by uploading all footage to the cloud or something. The alternative being the snapshot method above.

Thanks. The cameras I plan on getting are 1080 30fps so what you said sounds pretty good.
Another dumb question I have is; without including the cameras and hotspot receiver (or whatever it's technical name is), Are there other types of equipment that'll need to be out there?
I only ask because I'm also trying to gauge the power consumption I'll be using to determine how many batteries I'll be needing and how many watts I'm gonna need to generate to keep them powered up. I'm up in the air about solar/wind or generator. That's my department so I'm not looking for help with it. I'm just pretty dumb when it comes to the whole computer part of this endeavor I've gotten myself into.

Ideally I would like to have the least amount of hardware out there as possible. Besides the corrosion from the salt air and possibility of theft (although youd have to a moron to steal security cameras and think you'll get away with it) or storm damage I'd rather not need to take up to much space on the the barge.
Now I know the cameras are weather rated for being in such an environment, but I'd be hard pressed to believe that any sort of computer equipment would last very long in a damp and sometimes ruff water area considering the complexity of the small connections and such inside them.
I do intend on placing everything in a water right enclosure but you know how condensation is, it has a way of getting into wherever it chooses. Despite my best efforts to protect batteries from corrosion I always seem to be replacing the terminals on a bi-yearly basis.

Back
Top Bottom