Need Socket 478 HSF. Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Tea Mouse

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, kinda new to this forum thing, since I mainly just read reviews and do my own research on-line. However, time is critical as my new 550 Prescott is running hotter than ever. I have gone thru 3 after market heat sinks without any noticble change. My idle is 47 and load is 64!!! Help me!! I got Artic Silver 5 and I can no longer find my original 478 retention clips, since I've gone thru so many HSF this past week. I am looking for an alternative for the XP-120 or XP-90 since those use the stock fan clips. :( The Zalman 7000's look pretty good, but I have read some bad reviews on-line about them. Can anyone tell me where to get the stock rentention clips (that are on the MoBo), and if I can't, can someone PLEASE recommend a HSF with cooling similar to the XP-120/90. I have an Intel 865PERL MoBo, so if anyone can give me a link to the parts I'd love you for life. :D

Forgot to mention that I have 4 Vantec Torandos fans in my case, so noise is (obviously) not an issue. Just looking for straight up best air cooling HSF.

Thanks. I know, I need to go AMD, but at the time they just didn't have all the features I was looking for, so I had to go P4. My next system will definitly be an AMD FX-55 (or whatever the latest one is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom