Security Certificate Expired

Doctor T

Beta member
Hi!

I have a computer running Windows XP (SP3). Recently, the computer was serviced by Staples and something was changed.

After typing www [dot] Google [dot] com I now get a message that says the Security Certificate has expired.

Norton Anti-Virus expired and I am in the process of getting PC Matic. But, I need a working browser to buy it and to run it.

Please help.

Thank you!

Dr. T

FYI, I am sending this from another computer.

Firstly: What browser are you running?
Secondly: You should really be moving off of Windows XP, as it no longer receives security updates from Microsoft - it's no longer supported. You should be on at least Windows 7 or 8.1, if not Windows 10.
Thirdly: Please don't buy those junk programs like PC Matic. Or Norton for that matter; you can get tools for free that do the same or more.

Hi!

I have a computer running Windows XP (SP3). Recently, the computer was serviced by Staples and something was changed.

After typing www [dot] Google [dot] com I now get a message that says the Security Certificate has expired.

Norton Anti-Virus expired and I am in the process of getting PC Matic. But, I need a working browser to buy it and to run it.

Please help.

Thank you!

Dr. T

FYI, I am sending this from another computer.

Firstly, you should not be using Windows XP as it is insecure and has lost support since April 2014. Try upgrading to Windows 7 or newer or buy a new computer.

What browser are you using?
Try Google Chrome or Firefox.
The problem may also lie with the wireless adapter, try reinstalling/updating the wireless adapter drivers.

Don't worry, there is no connection between norton expiring and an expired security certificate. You shouldn't be using Norton or PC Matic anyway, they aren't even that good, especially if you are paying for them. I recommend using Avast Free Antivirus or Avira Free Antivirus even though they are free. If you are willing to pay, you can get Kaspersky or Malwarebytes.

Note: You may also try using system restore to get to before your computer got serviced

Edit: lol u beat me carnage! It took me like 20 mins to post this. :p

Last edited:
Dear IBW,

Thank you for your reply!

Without being patronizing, your solution worked!!!

Dr. T

None of us were being patronizing. We were giving legitimate suggestions (ones that will make you more secure and cost you less in the long run) & asking questions.

Back
Top Bottom