Development software

Chasedivine

Beta member
I once came across some software a few years ago. that was pre-built and ready to go however if you wanted to edit the application to change anything you could uses Visual Stadio. But I don't remember the name of it. I remember the software costing $1500.00 for the standard and over $3000.00 for the premium with support and which they would do the editing for you. Anyone know of something like that?

I'm look for pre-built software that can be opened and edit within Visual Studio. The software I was talking about before gave you an Full Office environment, a place to check you email and calendar and so on. Anything like that would be great.

Yes we want access to the source code but we want a 3rd party company to make the software. In other words I want to see what the company has to offer with there software "demo" and if we like the UI and all the other stuff we will pay the company to build and add on to make our in-house software. I worked for another company that was able to change the whole application as need for whatever they needed it to do.

Then I'd say you should work with that 3rd party company then, and in the contract include that source code needs to be included / accessible by your company.

Agreed, do you know of any companies that do this? That's why I am asking, I couldn't find that old company or any new companies via Google. But no luck finding any demo software that could be open in VS.

Agreed, do you know of any companies that do this? That's why I am asking, I couldn't find that old company or any new companies via Google. But no luck finding any demo software that could be open in VS.

That all depends on the company and how you contract with them.

The few contractors that we deal with at where I work (I'm in software development), they usually have to check their code into our TFS. There's been a few so far where they had pre-built things and they customize to our needs...but usually they either give us the source code in the end or there's some sort of piece in the contract where we have access to said source.

Back
Top Bottom