Which 6800 GT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this one:

Gainward Ultra 2400 Goes Like Hell (6572) GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-020-GW)
The groundbreaking new NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 graphics processing units (GPUs) and their revolutionary technologies power worlds where reality and fantasy meet; worlds in which new standards are set for visual realism and quality, performance, and video functionality. The GeForce 6800 GPUs deliver powerful, elegant graphics to drench your senses, immersing you in unparalleled worlds of visual effects for the ultimate PC experience. Gainward have given this card Goes Like Hell status at is runs faster than 6800 Ultra clock speeds (400/1200).

- 400MHz Core Engine Clock speed
- 256MB 1200MHz high speed 1.6NS DDR3 memory
- Superscalar 16-Pipe GPU Architecture
- CineFX 3.0 Engine
- The Industry's First On-Chip Video Processor
- UltraShadow II Technology
- 64-Bit Texture Filtering and Blending
- Intellisample 3.0 Technology
- Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
- nView Multi-Display Technology
- Digital Vibrance Control 3.0
- High-Speed GDDR3 Memory Interface
- 256-Bit Memory Interface with Advanced Memory Control
- 128-Bit Studio-Precision Computation
- Full-Speed 32-Bit Color Precision
- Advanced Adaptive De-Interlacing
- Video Scaling and Filtering
- TV-Out
- Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
- 0.13 Micron Process Technology

Well, I have purchased a 6800GT from Leadtek and I have to say I am very impressed. First off thier all copper heatsink gives you plenty of room for OCing. Right outta the box this card did 380/560 with no artifacts. After a quick volt and BIOS mod, this card now shows up as an Ultra in the POST screen and in the device manager. Since I bumped up the volts this card is running artifact free at 430/610. Now I do have 9 case fans (4 of them Vantec Tornados) so I have some pretty good cooling. I do have more headroom and could possibly push it to 450 core (now that its winter...hehehe), but after the volt and BIOS mod, its nice to have a card that I paid GT prices for show as an Ultra to everything. I even lied to my firends and told them I got an Ultra. :eek: :eek: That, and I am getting 30mhz core and 60mhz memory more than a stock Ultra. Even a stock BFG OC isnt that high, but this card only cost me 380 on outpost.com (although only 3 days after I bought it, the price went to 450! whew!! talk about good timing!)

(although only 3 days after I bought it, the price went to 450! whew!! talk about good timing!)
Jeez...ya you timed that one just right. Just like my processor was $87 when I got it, jumped up to $100 mainly cause of christmas season

Nubius said:
Jeez...ya you timed that one just right. Just like my processor was $87 when I got it, jumped up to $100 mainly cause of christmas season

Ya, I HATE that. You know the manufacturer didn't raise prices so it's the retail stores jacking up the prices at christmas season to make a few extra bucks.

P.S. Sorry for the off topic post :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom