I have lost all admin rights and need help fixing it

Are there some things that you can do. For example, open folders, open files and save files. Do you can go on Internet and from there to download something, etc?
Yeah i can download all i want i just can't open any of the files. yes i can open folders and files as well as save them.

It won't let me open settings to do so.

I don't know what you mean.

Do you not have an install disc or USB drive that you already installed from, or did you just do an in-place upgrade?

If you did an in-place upgrade, then you'll need to be able to use another computer if you can.

Do you need to back any data up, or was this a fresh/clean install?

Use Microsoft's Win10 download tool to create a bootable flash drive:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Then boot off of that flash drive in your current computer.

I don't know what you mean.

Do you not have an install disc or USB drive that you already installed from, or did you just do an in-place upgrade?

If you did an in-place upgrade, then you'll need to be able to use another computer if you can.

Do you need to back any data up, or was this a fresh/clean install?

Use Microsoft's Win10 download tool to create a bootable flash drive:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Then boot off of that flash drive in your current computer.
The windows 10 tool is what i used in the first place. I made a CD into a fresh install disc and rebooted the OS off of that. after doing that all of my problems happened. because of my problem i can't open the tool to make a new install disc. i cant use the old cd i made as my computer wont let me

Yeah i can download all i want i just can't open any of the files. yes i can open folders and files as well as save them.

Glad you're online, tell me one more thing, then can I say, whether there is a need to re-install, or you can do something else.
Namely, every time if you try to open something that you can not open, you get an answer that you are not an administrator and therefore can not be opened or you get some kind an error message. If You get error message something like 0x8000665, then is needed to reinstal, if You get answer, that you have not in administrator privileges, we can try to repair/improve/change this.
Awaiting.

The windows 10 tool is what i used in the first place. I made a CD into a fresh install disc and rebooted the OS off of that. after doing that all of my problems happened. because of my problem i can't open the tool to make a new install disc. i cant use the old cd i made as my computer wont let me

Using the tool doesn't matter - something just went wonky during install. Create a new bootable flash drive (yes, flash drive - go buy one if you don't have one). Create it from the tool and then boot off of the flash drive - if you can't create it on the PC you're currently using, this is why I suggested to get access to another system if you can, so that you can create a new bootable flash drive and use it on your current PC. You don't need to go into Settings or do anything with Windows. Just boot off of the flash drive, choose Install, and then you can go from there whether you do a format install or install over top of the existing Windows install.

You didn't answer my other question, however, is if there is data that you need backed up currently or not.

Glad you're online, tell me one more thing, then can I say, whether there is a need to re-install, or you can do something else.
Namely, every time if you try to open something that you can not open, you get an answer that you are not an administrator and therefore can not be opened or you get some kind an error message. If You get error message something like 0x8000665, then is needed to reinstal, if You get answer, that you have not in administrator privileges, we can try to repair/improve/change this.
Awaiting.

I can tell you right now as I've said, I've gone through the exact thing OP did. Best thing was to just reinstall completely.

I took the idea to format my drive and completely reinstall windows. To all that have messaged me with suggestions, thank you very much. I appreciate the help. If you need help with anything just message me.

Back
Top Bottom