SLI question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
I have read about SLI and it sounds pretty neat but in the process I became plauged by this question. With SLI you can pair up 2 cards to have them work together to increase graghics rendering performance ect. and it said instead of throwing out your previous card you can use that card and pair it up with your new card. I read that one card works the top half of the screen and the other card works the bottom half of the screen.... what if one of the cards are slower than the other card? Wouldn't that mean the card that is slow would lag up half the screen if a part in a game got really damanding on the slow card?

But what if both halfs of the screens are in a damanding part and the slower card just cant run fast enough to handle its half as the faster card can. Surely thats got to cause problems:confused: .

only having to do half of the work means the cards wont be stressed as much anyway. instead of one card doing the full screen it only does half so unless youre running full specs with an average card i dont think that would be too much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom