Sound card 7.1

tys91

Baseband Member
Hey guys i recently just got myself a pair of razer tiamat 7.1 headphomes and my asus z170k motherboard has a fairly standard stereo sound hardware so im looking at upgrading to a sound card for some surround sound experience. I am keen on the asus strix RAID sound card has anyone got any experience with it or any advice. I play alot of different types of games these days which are fairly advanced in both audio and graphics so along with my 1080 strix id love to throw in a nice sound system with itt

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Tiamat uses small low quality drivers for the surround portion so you won't need an expensive sound card to push them.

For half the price you could get the sound card I have. Would probably have better 3rd party driver support to carry you further if you decide not to ditch those headphones later.

But wouldnt the sound cardhsve the drivers and push the headphones?
Surely it can produce some qaulity sound? Damm i haye buying crap should have done my research lol

Il go a good sound card i dont like getting things that are to low qaulity. I wamt something that can support upgrades in a couple years ahead. So what you thin of the raid asus strix?

But wouldnt the sound cardhsve the drivers and push the headphones?
Surely it can produce some qaulity sound? Damm i haye buying crap should have done my research lol

By drivers, I mean the actual speakers in the headphones. The surround ones are tiny and regardless of the actual soundcard you get you won't get very good flat sound out of them, as they'll sound kind of tinny (lack of bass). Before you ask, well what about the subs, those are there to push low range frequencies. Only things like tweeters are meant to push specifically crossovered highs. A "full range" speaker like the surround drivers in the headphones are meant to push a full sound, but will lack low mid and low due to the size of them.

Il go a good sound card i dont like getting things that are to low qaulity. I wamt something that can support upgrades in a couple years ahead. So what you thin of the raid asus strix?

For this part, I'll quote what I put before.

For half the price you could get the sound card I have. Would probably have better 3rd party driver support to carry you further if you decide not to ditch those headphones later.
I have the Creative Sound Blaster Zx pushing a 450 dollar set of cans (headphones). The deal with Asus is they aren't known to carry long term support for their peripherals. On the other hand, there is a group of guys that carry 3rd party driver support for Creative cards and are known to output much better drivers than Creative ever did. I bought a $300 X-Fi Extreme Music back in 06 and used it all the way until last year using their drivers with proper Windows 7/8.1/10 support. Here is a link so you can check out their site. It's not much, but their drivers speak for themselves. Another thing to consider is just ditching the gimmicky Razer set and just getting a nice set of cans.

LTT said nice things about those, I personally can't give my opinion as I've never tried the Senn GAME series of cans. On that note, most of what Sennheiser makes is good. Most. If you're lucky I might spot some at Quakecon this weekend and ask to try them for you. I'm sure out of over 3000 gamers somebody might have a set or something close.

LTT said nice things about those, I personally can't give my opinion as I've never tried the Senn GAME series of cans. On that note, most of what Sennheiser makes is good. Most. If you're lucky I might spot some at Quakecon this weekend and ask to try them for you. I'm sure out of over 3000 gamers somebody might have a set or something close.
Did you endup trying the game deries at the show? And i think im going to go the asus 7.1 raid pro...

Back
Top Bottom