Help, building a computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

busdriverwillie

Baseband Member
I am building a computer that would be used to play games like Medal of Honnor, etc view movies, and play music. I want it to have very little lag as possible online and on the computer when chaning programs or more than 1 program is up and running. It will have a liquid cooling system from koolance. So I am not worried about its temperature. What do you reccommend? Thank you!

welcome to TF
you will need a good vid. card, at least a Radion 9600 (if money is an issue) otherwise look to Radion 9800 or better
get a P4 chip, or better, AMD or something at least 3 GHz
and get no less than 1GB of RAM... if you have some items you're considering it would be best to post them and get an opinion... as this is a very open responce and about all i can offer...
also get a mobo that is SATA compliant and SATA hard drives...

yes.
although that will not affect your internet speads, it will affect weather the higher quality components will be able to function correctly.
i would go with at least a 350 watt ps... again this is the lowest end... anything better would be ideal. also look at the number of rails (the number of 12v connections you have available, the more the more you spend, the more you can add, the better the ps...)

not much... as long as everyone has a fast connection, and you're hardware is more than capable of handling the game, you shouldn't have any problems... some things are just unavoidable... all you can do is make sure you're not contributing to it... good computer, good mouse/keyboard/monitor/ fast internet connection....

that's all mostly opinion...
Logitech usually makes some good products, for mouse and keyboard... there was a thread on here a while back discussing wireless mice and the delays/ups and downs for each... try and search for that one...
also the case is very much based on opinion... you have to get something you'll enjoy...
things to look for in a case
1. what it's made of - all aluminum is good
2. how many fans can you put in it vs. how many it comes with...
3. what ps comes with the case if any
4. how much can you put in the case
5. how do these things add up to what you are looking for... if you aren't going to have 5 cd/dvd burners you don't need a million places to put them, but if you need 5 hard drives, then you would need a case that could hold them...

get an idea of what you're looking for... if it's standard (1-2 cd or dvd drives; 1-2 hard drives; typical motherboard and such...) most any case will do. check out http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.asp?catalog=7&DEPA=1 for some ideas... just to get you started... there are literally thousands of options... and hundreds of popular easy to find solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom