Asking for help about USB port

FortunateKidz

Beta member
Hi everyone ! recently i got a problem with USB ports on my HP laptop Windows10/ AMD processor. They used to work perfectly, but couple days ago 3 of them suddenly stop working. I plug several ( more than 4 pcs ) USB drive in the USB port and the USB drive's light is ON but there is nothing show up on the computer, on disk management even using a cmd also couldn't find it !

What I've done is :
1. reinstall and update the USB port driver
2. Installed a latest usb driver from the HP manufacture.
3. finally, I restored it to factory setting

All of those methods can not solve the problem....
* Do you guys have any good solution for that problem ? thank you so much..

The USB controller is built-in to the motherboard on a laptop and probably not repairable. Since one of your USB ports is still working, I would buy an external POWERED USB hub (one with it's own power supply) and plug it in to your working USB port, then plug your other drives into it.

Actually, none of the usb port working. It happened suddenly. All usb port can not detect any usb drive but they still have power to charge cellphone and other devices. Then i check the device manager, there is no usb host controller installed. So, I installed one from its manufacture ( amd usb host controller ), after I installed it, the usb host controller still not show up on device manager...

Any solutions guys...?! Thanks alot

Unless your laptop has a spare PCIE slot inside that you could plug another USB card into, your pretty much out of luck. You're looking at having the mobo repaired or replaced.

In the future, use an external USB hub with it's own power supply as I suggested above to prevent burning out your built-in USB ports.

Back
Top Bottom