size

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i would like to get my 12 year old daughter a better computer than what she has now. she is using an old core duo HP, that is a hand me down from my son 3 years ago. at this point, she does not need anything super hi tech. but she has (rightfully so) complained about it being s l o w . i saw this @ newegg, Dell Optiplex 7010 USFF - Intel Core i5-3470S 2.9GHz, 4GB 320GB, Intel HD Graphics - Windows 7 Pro 64bit Installed - Wall Mount Included-Newegg.com
which looks pretty good, and is in my price range. but because of the form factor, i am concerned about adding a graphics card. do they make one that would fit into a computer like this? she would not need a super duty card any time soon. none of the games she plays are sophisticated. but what she will want to do in the next 5 years, is still a mystery. if this is to small, what is the smallest case size i could expect to fit a decent card into be?

That computer is USFF and doesn't even have a PCI-E slot for a graphics card. The smallest is SFF which requires a low profile card. If you think she will ever game at all I'd try to avoid any of those small machines.

thanks, i have not physically seen one of those, and trying to judge size by 2d pictures over the internet is impossible. is that the same size as a NUK then? or are they smaller still?

Back
Top Bottom