Audio Cutting Out But Resuming When Paused for a Few Seconds...

Area-1255

Baseband Member
This is an embarrassing issue, and I admit, I thought I had it under control.
A lot of other people have had this issue, as I read, and not everyone has solved it.

So say you are playing an external MP4, or perhaps, an audio file, music, a sound... Or a YouTube video, you AREN'T using External speakers, just the built-in speakers in the Laptop or the microphone for phone calls that is already within the laptop - and no matter what, it's fine to start out, then after 20-30 seconds (or in some cases a full minute or two) - BOOM! Without warning, no sound, it keeps playing as usual, the bar keeps moving, no connection issues, and the program indicates it is receiving and playing sound as usual.

So it looks like it's all on the person's end - doesn't appear to be software issue.

I've tried.

-Uninstalling and reinstalling audio drivers.
-Performing local diagnostics and Windows 7 queries.
-Temporarily disabling the audio drivers, then rebooting the laptop and re-enabling them through the troubleshooter.
-Scanning the computer for any sort of possible interfering malware.
-Updating all flash and video software as well as audio playing software.
-Using CMD & RegEdit to look for administrative access issues or to see if other apps are getting unwarranted permissions to audio.
-Clearing cookies and doing tons of cleaning on multiple levels.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I'm sure this thread will have hundreds or thousands flocking to it in short order!

TAGS: audio cutting out, resuming when paused, windows 7 audio cutting out, windows audio issues, youtube video sound cutting out

You mentioned reinstalling audio drivers... Have you tried updating them from the audio chip manufacturer's website (e.g. Realtek)?

You mentioned reinstalling audio drivers... Have you tried updating them from the audio chip manufacturer's website (e.g. Realtek)?

I did for the Conexant one, but you know what you just reminded me of something hold a bit, I'll get back to you! Good call on the Realtek mention!

Ok I tried with all drivers, reinstalled from the respective websites. Still doing the same thing. I don't get it.

What's the CPU usage look like during audio playback?
Can you try booting into a Linux LiveCD to see if you get similar issues in a completely different OS?

Makes me think something might be wrong with the wiring to the internal speakers in the laptop, or on the board itself. Try plugging in earbuds.

When you lose sound is there any pop or crackle noise when the audio cuts out? or is it a silent transition from having sound to having no sound?

What about system-level logs in the event viewer? Does the device still appear in device manager when sound goes out?

See if these things help
http://www.fonerbooks.com/sound.htm

Last edited:
Makes me think something might be wrong with the wiring to the internal speakers in the laptop, or on the board itself. Try plugging in earbuds.

When you lose sound is there any pop or crackle noise when the audio cuts out? or is it a silent transition from having sound to having no sound?

What about system-level logs in the event viewer? Does the device still appear in device manager when sound goes out?

See if these things help
PC Sound Card Troubleshooting - Diagnostic Flowchart for No Sound from Computer Speakers

Device still appears in the manager, and it's a silent cut-out. Like I said above, no warning whatsoever. I'll take a look at that link you gave me.

What's the CPU usage look like during audio playback?
Yeah it only happens with my laptop not with my PC. You're right, CPU Usage jumps up from like 68%-100% during Audio playback. I'll try terminating some processes and run a complete system scan, Thanks again!

Oddly enough, simply plugging in headphones has solved the issue!
It doesn't change how it plays without them, but it's good for now until I dig into this thing more. Thanks fellas!

Back
Top Bottom