Please somebody help me i'm lost

stathis7

Beta member
helo Techists,
I have been searching all over the web for the last month trying to find a new laptop that is well-suited for light-gaming and still at a decent price, but due to my total lack of knowledge i can't seem to come to a conclusion about what is the best opion for me. So here i am asking for help from you guys hoping that after my description somebody will help me get my new laptop
So here's the thing. My main activiy is playing league of legends and some other light games while at the same time browsing and skyping. So my biggest concern is that i don't get a laptop that would turn out to be an overkill but at the same time that will last for 3-4 years with decent performance

Laptop, 3-4 years, and decent price don't exactly go hand in hand. What kind of budget are you looking for and what site can you order from? (Doesn't matter if it's in Greek)

Laptop, 3-4 years, and decent price don't exactly go hand in hand. What kind of budget are you looking for and what site can you order from? (Doesn't matter if it's in Greek)

uhmm i think like 4-6 hundred euros would be a good deal
concerning the site i can buy from many but i'd prefer to buy it from alocal store even if it would require some special order
thanks for answering and for your time :)

I can't really help if I don't have a list of options from a source to give you. Also, 600 Euro won't really get you that much of a laptop. You're looking at lowend graphics wise which for light gaming is fine but it won't last.

I can't really help if I don't have a list of options from a source to give you. Also, 600 Euro won't really get you that much of a laptop. You're looking at lowend graphics wise which for light gaming is fine but it won't last.

the thing is that i can order from my local store any laptop existing.As for the 600 my current laptop is already 8 years old and still performs at an almost decent level and i bought it for 530. At least if you could narrow me to a variety of some it would be really much appreciated!

The problem with the laptop world is each individual model has different pieces and some markets have variances of individual models. The best advice I can really give is some key hardware to look for. If this was a desktop build I'd give a list of parts and it'd be a quick deal.

An i5, an Nvidia GPU at least a 950m (make sure it's 900 series in the least as it'll last longer than previous iterations and consume less power), 8GB of RAM minimum, and I'd consider an SSD. The rest like weight, battery life, screen size, things like backlit keyboard are all personal preference so that's up to you to decide. If you can squeeze an i7 in there do it. Normally I disregard i7 in the desktop world but in laptops all i5s are dual core and only i7s and Xeons come in quad flavor. (Some i7s are also dual core). Other than that, it's up to you to shop around with what's available because what could be 400 here could be 800 there.

The problem with the laptop world is each individual model has different pieces and some markets have variances of individual models. The best advice I can really give is some key hardware to look for. If this was a desktop build I'd give a list of parts and it'd be a quick deal.

An i5, an Nvidia GPU at least a 950m (make sure it's 900 series in the least as it'll last longer than previous iterations and consume less power), 8GB of RAM minimum, and I'd consider an SSD. The rest like weight, battery life, screen size, things like backlit keyboard are all personal preference so that's up to you to decide. If you can squeeze an i7 in there do it. Normally I disregard i7 in the desktop world but in laptops all i5s are dual core and only i7s and Xeons come in quad flavor. (Some i7s are also dual core). Other than that, it's up to you to shop around with what's available because what could be 400 here could be 800 there.
Would an i3 processor not be good enough? and how many GHz should i look the proccessor to be clocked at? is it a requiremeent that it is a quad qore proccessor? Thank you for taking the time to help me!

Well when talking new laptop we'll assume that it's a current gen so 6th gen Skylake processor.

I also looked it up and they DO make 4 core models of the i5 for this gen. Any i5 labeled HQ is a quad core. The i3s are slower than the i5s in clock speed and typically most OEMs don't bundle an i3 processor with a dedicated GPU.

Take a look at this list, the cheapest in USD are all 940m based models which should be good enough for League.

NVIDIA GeForce 945M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 940M, NVIDIA GeForce 940M, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M, Dedicated Card, Laptops / Notebooks, Laptops / Notebooks, ... - Newegg.com

Well when talking new laptop we'll assume that it's a current gen so 6th gen Skylake processor.

I also looked it up and they DO make 4 core models of the i5 for this gen. Any i5 labeled HQ is a quad core. The i3s are slower than the i5s in clock speed and typically most OEMs don't bundle an i3 processor with a dedicated GPU.

Take a look at this list, the cheapest in USD are all 940m based models which should be good enough for League.

NVIDIA GeForce 945M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 940M, NVIDIA GeForce 940M, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M, Dedicated Card, Laptops / Notebooks, Laptops / Notebooks, ... - Newegg.com

Man i honestly don't know how to thank you.. you were really helpful and this list has some seriously good deals. Thank you again for your help

Back
Top Bottom