Computer/Windows Probelm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumpster

Beta member
I'm having some difficulties with a new machine that I recently built for a friend of mine. It has:

MDT 100GB hard drive 7200RPM
1.5GHZ AMD XP
Biostar Mobo
2 Optical Drives
512Mb RAM
Onboard Video

Problem is about a night ago the friend i built it for says he heard a noise (maybe a power surge?) and then the computer did not function properly afterwards. Now Ive got the rig over here and it boots up just fine but now trying to reload windows I'm constantly hit with a barrage of different blue screens of death. Everything from IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL to just the simple it needs to shutdown to prevent or save something. I dunno what to do, so I swapped hard drives thinking it might be a problem with the windows that was loaded on the previous hard drive and sure as shit I got it again! Could this be something to do with the mobo or CMOS??? Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to post this in some other areas of the forum to attract more attention! Thanks in advance!!!!! :)

Tumpster,

Check RAM for errors, and also check RAM/Video card connection with the board. Reset the BIOS settings to default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom