Gotta questions about processing chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lencho

Banned
Whats better Pentium 4 or athlon, whats cheaper pentium 4 or athlon (at the point where they go at same speed).What is overclocking, how can it damage ur computer.Is a pentium 4 3ghs fast enough so you won need overclocking.How do you over clock?also what pcs contain Athlons(example: dells carry pentium 4s)

im not sure if you understood the question. But is the athlon
3000+better than a 3gz p4? Dont take overclocking into considersation. and overclocking means you have to open up the motherboard and messing with the chip? or did you mean upgrading it?

overclocking damages your cpu by running at higher speeds than factory recommended settings,..it gets so hot that it literally fries your chip if you don't have the cooling required to bring temps down,..plus its highly unstable and your mobo and ram has to be able to take the beating.

you can never compare an athlon with P4(except for maybe their price)...both are different in their own right...

google search for overclocking sites,..there are millions out there....and it also depends on your mobo...
its just like turning up the speed..its quite easy if you know how,..but its very dangerous,...both processors you mentioned need nt be overclocked..as they are currently the fastest chips

any pc will can have either an athlon or a pentium...but you're into OEM's....alienware,..sheesh,...hundreds of them.

So you need a program to overclock, since im not that pro to open up the motherboard. Now um im really considering about buying a computer at alienware.com. The area 51 and i was wondering if their cooling systems are any good? please check it out and tell me

alienware offers pre-overclocked systems...just indicate if you want them to overclock your rig before sending it to you.

you dont need a software to OC,..just a good mobo and ram that will support it. video cards on the other hand have overclocking utilites(software....depends on the card if they have it)

my cooling system is better than alienware's.....LOL!,..just because i built the system. but..they do have decent cooling systems and they'll do the cable work for you..to enhance airflow.

ok i havent seen anything about asking them to overclock the system, could you please gimme a link

well,..i'm not sure..i think you'll have to give them a call to make a request. or i think you can request upon purchasing online...again,..im not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom