Too big for its own good

TheSilentHawk

Beta member
Im getting ready to build a new desktop but it has been so long since I built the last one that I have no clue what's good anymore. I want a motherboard that can handle two current generation GTX graphics cards. The case doesn't need to be attractive it just needs to fit the board. I want it to have a power supply that can handle way more than what is currently in the pc. The RAM should be easy to find, just four cards of 8gig ddr4. I will probably have a non-integrated sound card and network card. So as is evident by the shopping list it will require a massive motherboard and power supply, I will find the case myself I just need to have a proper list of what to put in it.

There is no budget and I'm not building it now. I'm just looking for a properly formulated list of things I can pick up as I can afford it over the next little while.

Then come back when you can afford it. Reason why here:

Finally, my ending here. I'm not trying to discourage people from posting, but if you do not have the money now to purchase within a week of posting then please do not make a build thread. Hardware is still changing around every 6 months. Prices change continuously. Some people on here like to build with combo deals, promo codes, ect. These go away within a few days and if you don't have the cash to take advantage of them then it makes it a useless waste of time to make a build for you. That 600 dollar build could wind up being 800 with the same parts from either inflation or the removal of certain deals. That same 600 bucks could also get you a better rig in 3 months time due to prices lowering for whatever reason. So even though we want you to post questions, please don't make us make a build and waste that time when you can't actually purchase it within a reasonable time. Another thing, is I wont typically recommend waiting for new parts to come out unless it's a big deal or a game changer for your money.

When I say "next little while" here I'm not joking. I have $1500 Canadian saved up for this build and have been between forums trying to get a list of things to buy and that's without the mention of the $2000 I will be adding to savings next month. This is the first forum where people have actually posted replies so if I could get some actual help that would be great.

So post when you get the money, I'll reply with what you want. You probably aren't getting answers on the other forums for the same reason I outlined before. Either that or they think you're just window shopping. As a prerequisite go ahead and post your intention with the build as in if you're gaming, productivity, or 3d modeling. Be specific, because if you're not doing something that requires 64GB of RAM specifically then you don't need it and it's a waste of money that could be better spent on something else. Also when the time comes don't get angry when I critique your requirements based on your usage.

Back
Top Bottom