Need budget gaming build suggestion for $600

The difference between not needing to upgrade later lol.
If he can afford the i5 now should he just get it then? and what do you think about the 2 different PSUs?
Not saying anything wrong with the gigabyte MB it's just I've heard SO many stories about real poor customer service, I had a bad expierience too but that was many yrs ago.

What's the difference between the two

MSI H110M PRO-D LGA 1151 Intel H110 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
and
MSI H110M Pro-VD LGA 1151 Intel H110 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

Pass on the EVGA 600 watt as it is made by HEC which is among the poorest quality you can find. EVGA 650 models GS, P2 or G2 are Super Flower or Seasonic made and among the best.

I5 is always preferable to i3 cpus.
Gigabyte boards have suffered lately from a lot of issues mostly starting with bios issues and Msi right now doing quite well IMHO. Dauntae offered you a great psu Seasonic 620 in an earlier post.

Last edited:
Only difference I can find is one comes with a DVI and VGA port and the other has just the DVI but with a 970 it's itrelavant but can't seem to see any other differences.

Pass on the EVGA 600 watt as it is made by HEC which is among the poorest quality you can find. EVGA 650 models GS, P2 or G2 are Super Flower or Seasonic made and among the best.
It's eVGA, they're not just tossing junk out there. They learned their lesson with the first batches of Supernova NEX units.

EVGA 500W Review
EVGA 500B 500W Review

If he can afford the i5 now should he just get it then? and what do you think about the 2 different PSUs?
If he can afford the i5 now get it. Cheaper to get an SSD later and just have full i5 performance now. If he can wing the Seasonic with the i5 then do that. If not the eVGA would be fine.

It's eVGA, they're not just tossing junk out there. They learned their lesson with the first batches of Supernova NEX units.

EVGA 500W Review
EVGA 500B 500W Review

If he can afford the i5 now get it. Cheaper to get an SSD later and just have full i5 performance now. If he can wing the Seasonic with the i5 then do that. If not the eVGA would be fine.

In that case I'll have him get the eVGA PSU
And you're right, it makes sense to get the i5 now and upgrade to a ssd later.
I guess he can get the i5 6400 instead of the one I posted earlier which is cheaper plus remove the cooler and just use the stock one since he wont be overclocking

Back
Top Bottom