Shuts itself off overnight, wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnionMan

Solid State Member
Everytime I leave the PC on overnight to download files, it shuts itself off I cant turn it back on in the morning.

Now at first I had the system standby set to 30 minutes or something. But I also tried taking all power managment settings off, like standby, hibernate, etc. But the PC still shuts itself off and wont turn on in the morning. It wont respond to the mouse or keyboard or the power buttons on the keyboard.

So i hit the reset switch and it reboots. After windows loads i get the message "the system has recovered from a serious error (or fatal error, cant recall exactly right now)" It give me the option to veiw the error log. After I click OK to get rid of the window everything is fine untill the next time it happens.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

SOME INFO ABOUT MY SYSTEM:

Windows XP Pro.

I put in a new motherboard and had problems with getting automatic standby worknig so i fixed it by going to BIOS and changing the ACPI Suspend Type from S1 to S3.

Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G

Nice...lengthy...system specs... :confused:

Anyway, try the above (reseat memory chips). Also, check your system logs to see if they say anything about the crash.

What program are you using to download the legally-available files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom