Confused at Motherboard Selection

Vendetta1

Baseband Member
Hi to all members, a guidance needed from you all. After continuous saving I have reached to a point where I think I can build my PC, without Graphic Card which I will purchase after few months and I am thinking of following options with prices in my country.

Processor:
Intel Core i5 6500 6TH GEN. 3.2GHZ 6MB CACHE (210$)

Mother Board:
GIGABYTE G1 SNIPER B7 DDR4 (120$) OR
ASUS B150 PRO GAMING D3 DDR3 (124$) OR
ASUS H170-PLUS D3 DDR (120$)

Memory: (Depending on Board)
Kingston 8GB 2133 BUS DDR 4 (35$) OR
Kingston 8GB 1600 BUS DDR 3 (35$)

Hard Disk:
Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHE (52.5$)

Optical Drive:
ASUS DVD RW SATA 24X (21$)

Chassis:
Cooler Master FORCE 500 + 500W PSU (80$)

My budget is tight at 520$ not a single dollar more, please review my choices and inform me of your suggestion. I am very confused at motherboard between DDR3 and DDR4, I think that DDR4 is new technology that's why it is better than the other one, as Gigabyte model is almost in same price range.

Further I have question that will I be able to use Intel HD Graphics that come with processor in all the above motherboards? Intel HD Graphics usually show memory of 1.5 GB, but it is written in specification of Gigabyte mother board that "Maximum shared memory of 512 MB".

Thanks in advance. :)

NOT a fan if Gigabyte due to the lack of customer sapport, I would personally look at ASRock, great MB's and good prices that will save you a few $$$. Not sure what country your in but this is a US site, To save a little you could get a smaller form factor on the board like this one which still has all the features.
ASRock B150M Pro4 LGA 1151 Intel B150 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
Or if you want the larger board for your case this one is still a little cheaper but really feature filled and personally like this one myself if I was building now.
ASRock H170 Pro4 LGA 1151 Intel H170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
or this one
ASRock H170 Performance LGA 1151 Intel H170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
all of which have DDR4

NOT a fan if Gigabyte due to the lack of customer sapport, I would personally look at ASRock, great MB's and good prices that will save you a few $$$. Not sure what country your in but this is a US site, To save a little you could get a smaller form factor on the board like this one which still has all the features.
ASRock B150M Pro4 LGA 1151 Intel B150 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
Or if you want the larger board for your case this one is still a little cheaper but really feature filled and personally like this one myself if I was building now.
ASRock H170 Pro4 LGA 1151 Intel H170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
or this one
ASRock H170 Performance LGA 1151 Intel H170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
all of which have DDR4
IIRC OP doesn't live in the US.

Yes, it just means you can only share up to 512MB of your system RAM to the IGP.

Once again thanks, forum doesn't allow me to thank you its says spread thanks to other people first. I want to clarify that for example when I have no graphics card, Intel HD graphics usually show graphics memory of 1.5 GB in my laptop, so if I install this Gigabyte board the Intel HD Graphics memory cannot be more than 512 MB?

I have purchased Asus B150 Progaming DDR4 motherboard. I need some guidance on memory.
First Question
There are two types of memories available:
Kingston 8 GB 2133 Bus
Kingston HyperX 8 GB 2400 Bus

As B150 chip does not allow more than 2133 bus, does installation of HyperX will make any difference?

Second Question:
2 Rams of 4GB are better or single ram of 8 GB?

Thanks in advance.

Get a single 8GB stick, Intel only officially supports JEDEC standards of 2133 but any board will utilize higher speeds to an extent through XMP. Get whichever RAM is cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom