P4 775 Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, mel. i hear you. so tell me what am i suppose to do about my second reason. this loud fan, please.
btw, does anyone know which heatsink and fan intel ships with this processor, cause i wanna find out.

my processer came with aluminun heat sink and a small 70mm fan. i see the newer intel hsf has a copper core with aluminum cooling fins, looks much better...

i just want a silent fan. thats all. if i can lower my temps significantly, that would be even better. i'm looking on a few but still skeptical right now.

Look on some site, such as www.newegg.com, and look at the fans. All the decent ones will list noise level in dBA and air flow in CFM. CFM stands for cubic feet per minute. This is how much air is theoretically moved by the fan. RPM is revolutions per minute, which is nominal and means nothing by itself. For example, given 2 fans, 100 rpm and 10,000 rpm, you have no idea which one is moving more air. What if the 100rpm fan is a jet turbine engine, and the 10,000rpm fan is a 8cm case fan?

Basically, look at *bigger* fans for less noise, because bigger fans (like the jet engine example) can move more air at lower RPM. RPM is usually the main contributor to noise.

If the noise really pisses you off, the only thing you can resort to is water cooling. This can be $200+ and time consuming, as well as dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

did i say it will die above 40*C , you better STFU, you start saying things that arent correct , i said i dont like it when my cpu goes that high because i like my cpu cold not because it is gonna die.

ok people. need your help. i need a quiet heatsink and fan. something that is good and reliable. the zalman is out, cause that cannot be used on my motherboard.

prescott 3ghz not overclocked.

lets hear your recommendations please.

comrad said:
did i say it will die above 40*C , you better STFU, you start saying things that arent correct , i said i dont like it when my cpu goes that high because i like my cpu cold not because it is gonna die.

I maintain my previous argument.
Just saying "You don't like it" sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Even if you know it's not going to die, your argument makes no sense.

i fu**in know that, you are all fu**in morons, this is the worst forum i've been to in my whole life.

Maybe you should take your lack of knowledge and your sophomoric attitude somewhere else. Like a blog. Or livejournal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom