Experts Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanisssimo

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I am planning on building my own great computer and need some opinions and answers. First of all I can't believe how little I know about computers, I have bought books, searched the internet but still feel like I know nothing compared to many, WHERE DOES EVERYONE LEARN THESE THINGS??!!!! Everyone is an expert except for me, is there some secret site or book or method of learning?????? anyway let me begin:

In the EASY AND UNDERSTANDABLE LIST FORMAT ,I need some opinions on these following things (basically all there is in a computer):

Processor (that is best for gaming and common uses) max. $300

Mother Board ( DDR2 or DDR?, PCI-Ex16 or AGP?, Sockets and Chipsets?, on-board audio or Sound card for 5.1 ?) basically base the Mobo on the rest of the Hardware u think is good, max.$150

Video Card ?? for max.$200

Sound Card?? needed?

2 HDDs RAID 0 , max $160

DVD+-RW Drive

Case ( Cool and Cool)

RAM , DDR2 or DDR and what number PCthis PCthat??? max.$150

Estimated total: $$1200 (without monitor)

Anything else??

i think that is about it, the prices I am looking for of course are all a bit flexible. I would extremely appreciate some help and good opinions, and ......cmon tell me.........................
where is it that you guys learned all this ?????

thanks a lot !

PS: I was thinking of getting a TV that I can use as a monitor, if that is a good idea without spending more than $500 which is a good one that lets me take use of awesome resolutions for games??? and has good quality overall??? (this is less important so don't worry
about it if it's 2 much trouble) thanks again!

Attachments

• story.wario.cnn.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 78
I thought that's where you put the little picture next to your name like the half-life2 that u have..... i guess i was wrong

Well you can change your avatar by going to User CP > Edit Options > Change Avatar > Browse > (check YES above the Browse button) > Change. Keep in mind that your avatar MUST be 80 by 80 pixels OR smaller. Sorry I got a little off-subject on my posts :)

-Dan The Man

Cmon stay on the topic, nobody has answered yet, and the techforum guys are gonna close it if u kepp swirving away from the subject, thanks. dont answer !!!!! they are gonna close it!!!

what's the computer going to be used for? do you want to use amd or intel processor? ddr2 is newer, as is pci-e. if you want to be able to upgrade your system down the road, save the hassle now and get ddr2 and pci-e. as far as tv's go...a normal tube tv wont be able to produce good resolution. dont get one. you can find higher resolution lcd tv's that work, but your looking at $1500 for a decent monitor. with most of the mobo's these days you dont need a soundcard. i say get some plantronics dsp500's and use those for your gaming. scrap the soundcard.

romanisssimo said:
...WHERE DOES EVERYONE LEARN THESE THINGS??!!!! Everyone is an expert except for me, is there some secret site or book or method of learning??????

I for one, didn't know jack about computers either just a few months ago, I decided I was going to build a computer for myself just like you are and I subscribed to this very forum and low and behold, a few months after asking questions and reading posts, I feel like I know quite a bit! I hope you stay with the forum, as you will learn quite a bit as well. I also read up in PC Magazine and Maximum PC Magazine and they sometimes have a "how to build your computer" articles.

Now on this topic, I am not a good system "putter-together" for other people, but if you are patient, there should be quite a few people with a list of components to show you.

An OS and PSU and ram wont be 150 $ maybe 50 for 512 which is all you need

I learned all I know from my uncle (works for Intel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom