GPU nor onboard Graphics will Display

Austienie

Beta member
This is the weirdest thing, I'm not a PC Noob, yet I'm on here asking for some help. First of all I will say that both My GTX 750 SC and OptiPlex 380 and a intelC2DuoE8500 where bought from ebay(For a budget build for a friend). I first booted Up the Computer with The new E8500 and It started up fine, I set up windows and everything. Then when I turned the pc off I put in the GPU, no post beep, the fans where spinning at a steady pace(Unlike usual). No Graphics where comming from the GPU(Vga cable is connected to a DVI adapter), so then I plugged in my vga cable into the Motherboard, no onboard graphics either. So then I thought Maybe it's the cpu, So I changed It out, and The onboard worked when the Gpu wasn't inside the system. Then I plugged The gpu in, then it didn't work. So I went back to the new CPU. I then Plugged in an older Gpu and It went Through POST, I was getting Signal through the Gpu. That made me think that it is the psu, So I changed the psu to an Old inspiron Psu that I used to have a i5 3330, and a GTX 750 ti sc running off of. I plugged everything in. And the same problem occured. Then I took the Gpu out to see if it was faulty, I put it into my Pc and It worked perfectly fine. So then I thought maybe I'll reset the CMOS. I did that, and it didn't work, same problem. I have no Idea what I can do at this point, as The Pci-e Slot isn't faulty and 300watts Should be enough to run a GTx 750 Sc and a IntelC2Duo. PLease Halp me. :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Apparently not if it works any other way without that card and the card works in another machine AND you've tried a different CPU/PSU. The last thing you can try and do is update the bios to see if it'll work.

There have been a few people on these boards even that had an issue with an Nvidia card in a Dell or HP. One specific one came to mind of a specific GTX 770 model from eVGA where it absolutely would not boot on the board but other cards worked fine.

Sounds like you've done most of this but try these flow charts to hone in on your problem
video.gif

Additional flow charts at www.fonerbooks.com

Back
Top Bottom