Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be a pretty crapy computer dude! BTW it would totally pwn that 9800XT depending your sys specs. BTW what are your sys specs? We could suggest a good card by your system and its needs and bottlenecks. Maybe its not your Nvidia card it could be something else.

P.P. Mguire said:
there isnt really much diff between 256 and 128. i guess you could say that its cool to say you have a 256mb card but todays games dont really use the extra 128mb. you would still prolly get better performance out of the 6600GT. Anybody else say otherwise?

Thats not necissarily true. Doom 3 uses 512MB if you max it out. Get a 6600GT or X700XT. Make sure its 256MB, because future games will need it.

there is no 512mb card unless your saying it uses alot of the agp aperature. SO technically there is not uses for a 256mb card because what else would use that much ram on board?

beedubaya said:
Thats not necissarily true. Doom 3 uses 512MB if you max it out. Get a 6600GT or X700XT. Make sure its 256MB, because future games will need it.

6600GT will pwn the X700, even the X700XT. the X700 series was kinda liek the FX5800, promised alot but never delivered.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-130-214&depa=1
^i'd go with that.

BIG QUESTION!!!

you proably are on an AGP board, yes? Almost every card suggested is PCI-E...not compatible. Look for AGP versions of the 6600 if you can (if they have them available) there out of stock right now.

P.P. Mguire said:
Yea whatever happened to the FX5800ULTRA? ive been looking for one and i was told they sound like a turbo prop! sorry to jack the thread.

i believe there discontinued...there performance wasn;t that great. kinda like the FX5200 was advertised as the new entry level gaming card and it loses to a MX-440/9200 card overclocked. I seriously think the FX series as a whole was a big flop...there DX9.0 support was a joke.

the FX 5800 series had a lot of known problems with it. Probably why it's been discontinued ;)

My system specs are:

AMD ATHALON XP 3200+
120GIG HARD DRIVE
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe MOTHERBOARD
1GIG OF PC3200 RAM
DVD BURNER/CD BURNER COMBO
550WATT POWER SUPPLY

now, which card should i get??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom