Dell Dimension 4700 Graphics Card Upgraade

Jaceracer

Beta member
Hey guys new to the forum and i'm not an expert by no means but i'm not an novice either, anyways i have a dell dimension 4700 please do not laugh, i have had this machine since 2004 it's been really good to me. i'm currently running the integrated graphics right now and i'm still on xp fixing to upgrade to 7. i need to know what a good graphics card recommendation would be. I'm not wanting to go all out and get the best but i want something that i can play online games with as well as computer performance. I did upgrade the power supply from a 305 watt to a 400 watt, any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you for taking the time to read and help out.

Budget wise i would think nothing more the 60-70 but i have found some on newegg for 50 and under i just need to know if they are going to work when my system when i upgrade from xp to 7 so i'm doing all the research i can... I don't think my system would really take anything that is high end now a days.

Theoretically you could even put a GTX 950 or 750ti in it if you really wanted it's just the CPU would be a bottleneck.

I'd look at getting a GT 730 which should be fine for what you want to do.

Yes, but depends on how old. Some older games do not like to work with newer OS and need a workaround that you can usually find on the net easily.

Back
Top Bottom