Cpu Fan Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ender2001

Solid State Member
Hello,

I currently own a Techie Toyz Power Chill P4 heat sink with the fan speed currently set to automatic, and now I no longer trust my bios to manage my cpu fan speed after experiencing glitches during a bios upgrade, and Im heavy gamer so I am wondering if it is a good idea to just manually set the fan speed to maximum. Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

Ender

set to maximum wil give you best cooling, but also be somewhat louder. it's safe, and i suggest set to max:)

not necessarily, certain benchmark tests performed on the Coolermaster Jet 4 showed that having the fan speed set to maximum showed no improvement than having the fan speed set to minimum. I think it can be down to the temperature of the air your blowing onto the CPU also......not sure, but it seems a logical reason the bench mark result seen on the Jet 4.

espeed said:
not necessarily, certain benchmark tests performed on the Coolermaster Jet 4 showed that having the fan speed set to maximum showed no improvement than having the fan speed set to minimum. I think it can be down to the temperature of the air your blowing onto the CPU also......not sure, but it seems a logical reason the bench mark result seen on the Jet 4.

...temps will only affect benchmark if its overheating or something. you shouldn't notice an improved score between 40C and 10C really. If it's not that loud, and you want cooler temps to save life of chip...then max it. but if you dont care really about temps, then you can keep it quieter.

And wouldnt having the fan permenantly at a set speed like, 3k rpm, improve the life of the fan rather than constantly ajusting speed to temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom