I got 2 questions about a monitor with 7ms I'm dying of buying: 1) Is a monitor with 7ms response time good for gaming?

Re: I got 2 questions about a monitor with 7ms I'm dying of buying:1) Is a monitor with 7ms response time good for gam

No problem. So 7ms is just fine for gaming then.

Yes. And because its an IPS panel your colors will be really accurate and vibrant.

You should try my TV then, I'd say it's probably 5ms but obviously I don't own the equipment to really prove what it is. I went from the ROG Swift that was 1ms to the TV and if it was as bad as 15 or 20ms I definitely would notice it. I for sure do on my roomies TVs and the ones I have here in the lab (55" Samsungs and 1 80" Sharp). Honestly to me it's getting to the point that I'd rather spend money on a TV over a PC monitor simply because you can get better specs for lower price. That'll definitely shine true later this year when we see 4k 120Hz stuff come around.

Not sure what ms mine is but when I get the 1070 I'll be trying the 120Hz 4K tv for sure

Samsung 4K UHD JU6700. Samsung's usually have 2 ways to get rid of latency. Disable all things FIRST, then turn on game mode. For HDMI1, usually it's a simple case of setting the name to DVI-PC and that way there you get Chroma 4k @ 60hz with no post processing. For my PS4 in HDMI2 I needed to do the first, then set the name description to game and I was able to play Rocket League flawlessly (not like PC though, cause 250fps > 60).

Ah you probably right on the tv, I have the Samsung 4K SUHD JU7000 I think is the model, not at home so can't confirm but the 7000 part is right lol

Do you guys consider HP to make good monitors, even for gaming? Which would you get, an Acer or HP?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Preferably I'd get neither. We have HP monitors at work and although they're decent I think they want too much money for them. If anything I'd get an Asus, Samsung, LG, or Dell before I got either brand. The cheap brands I consider after all others fail are Acer and AOC.

Back
Top Bottom