What did SE add to 98?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pavlyk said:
Nothing much, they just made different versions of the same crappy os :p:D

They are NOT both the same and it is NOT a bad OS! It was a very good OS! I liked it! I liked 98SE, 2000, and XP.

But to get to your question, it can just be compared to Windows XP SP1 and Windows XP SP2. All it is is just minor improvements made in various different locations. Hope that answers your question :)

-Dan The Man

beedubaya said:
Windows 98 SE was also a whole lot more stable than the original 98.

Yes and some program's requirements state that they are compatible with Windows 98SE and not just WIndows 98.

-Dan The Man

Windows 98 SE is the first version of Windows that was compatable with Windows NT 32-bit drivers. Windows 98 First Edition and Windows 95 still used old 16-bit drivers.

Kadahaf,

Note: Windows 98 Se is GOOD /BETTER operating system..

http://kb.indiana.edu/data/agli.html?cust=807776.19713.131
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/win98se#1
Including the same additional features as Windows 98 however includes additional fixes and all of Year 2000 patches have been included in Windows 98 Second Edition. The following is a listing of the various new features Windows 98 SE includes.

Updates - Includes all the latest updates for Windows 98 including Year 2000 updates, USB support and more.
Software - Updated versions of Internet Explorer, outlook express, windows media player, DirectX, NetMeeting and more.
Drivers / Support - Additional support for latest technology such as MMX, USB, Pentium III and more.

These were the biggest changes to SE...

-DVD-ROM support

-Internet Connection Sharing: Allowing more than 1 computer to share a single internet connection.

-Improvements on Windows 98: These improvements include faster startup time for running applications, better USB support, and improved power management features.

I rock!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom