bluetooth issues

nickthypig

Beta member
hi everyone. i have a wifi+bluetooth antenna(s) screwed into the back of my computer. I'm not sure of the antennae model #.
there are 2 ports in the back of my PC, and I screw in the two antennae. the antennae have long(ish) thin cables that are flexible and sort of like wires, so I can move the antennae wherever I want.
i play Rocket League (the game) a lot, and I use a PS4 controller wirelessly to play it (or wired if it needs to charge). I use DS4 (a program) to make the computer recognize the bluetooth signal of the PS4 controllers.
the DS4 program tells what the controller's latency is, and it's often pretty high. it's not supposed to be over about 2 ms, but it goes above 10 sometimes. this makes it hard to play rocket league, even though I sit a foot away from the antennae.
I want to know, are there any GOOD antannae out there that would make my controllers not lag? If I buy a quality bluetooth dongle, how would I make the dongle recognize my PS4 controllers instead of my bluetooth+wifi antennae?
Thanks

I've had latency issues with my DS4 on my PC as well when trying to connect via BT. In the end, I ended up just keeping a long (6-8ft) USB cable plugged in, and just plug into that if I want to use the controller for something.

for some reason, even if the controller is connected via the cable, it doesnt seem to be latency-free. when the controller is wireless and the latency is < ms, it seems faster than cabled connection

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom