How Many USB Ports Does this Motherboard Have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI/Gigabyte/Asus will all have mobos with faults, and tbh if you just buy them from somewhere reputable then sourcing a replacement/refund isn't hard for any of them.

Just do a bit of basic research on the specific model before buying, make sure it isn't littered with references to being DOA or easily broken, and then buy the darn thing [emoji14] all these brand wars get way too blindly patriotic
Yeah I know. I got a mobo in mind

MSI/Gigabyte/Asus will all have mobos with faults, and tbh if you just buy them from somewhere reputable then sourcing a replacement/refund isn't hard for any of them.

Just do a bit of basic research on the specific model before buying, make sure it isn't littered with references to being DOA or easily broken, and then buy the darn thing :p all these brand wars get way too blindly patriotic

It's more about customer service experience than brand loyalty IMO. AsRock used to be dog**** back in the C2D days...now they're one of the top. Asus makes good components, but tons and tons of horror stories about their CS is everywhere.

I have been MSI all the way for the last few years, but something from Asus has caught my eye, something that no one else is doing with their motherboards.

Asus has a feature on just about all their new boards, called " 5 Way Optimization ". With one simple click in their motherboard utility software, it incrementally overclocks your processor, validating it between each bump in mhz, ive seen one test overclock a 6700k all the way up to 4.7ghz, it configures your ram, it configures your VRM and power delivery, and my FAVORITE part, it benchmarks all the fans you have plugged into the motherboard (3pin or 4pin ), bringing them all the way down to a stopping point, then ramping them all they way up to 100%. When its done configuring your fans, you get a neat little widget on your desktop to allow you to switch between 4 different fan profiles, from silent all the way up to max. The neat thing I like about the " silent " setting is that if temperatures allow it to, it will stop all the fans in your case except for the cpu fan.

Super neat. my next mobo will be an Asus mobo, just for this feature.

I have been MSI all the way for the last few years, but something from Asus has caught my eye, something that no one else is doing with their motherboards.

Asus has a feature on just about all their new boards, called " 5 Way Optimization ".

Could you provide a link to this Asus mobo? I'd like to check it out.

Asus also has a nice little feature called possibly overvolting the **** out of your chip killing it.

Actually Asus has a nice little feature where they limit the overclock utility to a certain voltage so that doesnt happen. IIRC, they limit it to like 1.275volts. not 100% sure exactly, but they do limit the voltage. The software is actually quite intuitive.

Could you provide a link to this Asus mobo? I'd like to check it out.

Most of their motherboards from the last 2 generations have this feature. Just make sure the Asus mobo you're looking at has the feature listed in the product specifications.

Last edited:
Most of their motherboards from the last 2 generations have this feature. Just make sure the Asus mobo you're looking at has the feature listed in the product specifications.

Cool. But I read somewhere that some if not many of Asus' mobos have sound issues like, scratchiness in the background while playing a song and other sound issues. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using an Asus P6X58D for like...man I don't even know how long now...ages. It's ports are rusted on the back from being left near an open window that had rain blow in, it's been overclocked to hellish voltages on air and water, it's had GTX480's SLI'd and OC'd on it, still runs like a champ.

FWIW I also tried Asus' overclock utility and it's actually not bad IMO - certainly made it easier to adjust things on the fly than have to boot back into bios each time. If you want go all out on your OC then I'd avoid it, but for any sensible 24/7 OC I'd say it's perfectly fine to use

I
If you want go all out on your OC then I'd avoid it, but for any sensible 24/7 OC I'd say it's perfectly fine to use

A few months ago I was actually thinking about getting a K mobo to do some OCing. I thought that doing so would enhance gaming. But I was told that it wouldn't. The GPU, not the CPU, is what makes gaming. That's why instead I'm getting an i5 6500 and a low priced but good mobo to go with it.

A better CPU *will* improve performance, but yep not as much as a good GPU. In the end you can bottleneck gaming performance with either a crappy CPU or GPU to be honest, so yeah it's more of a balance than "you need a good X to get good gaming". You need a good *system* to get good gaming lol

Its all good sparkle. We all know you're a keyboard warrior. Boring as hell. Oh yeah youre still responding to my threads even if you say you find them annoying.

Keyboard warrior? I'm not the one flooding the boards with bull**** like you. Straighten up or get banned kid. Come to a board for advice, if you're not willing to listen to anybody GTFO.

I thought I left the drama when I graduated high school years ago... Seriously now, can't you guys just ignore each-other and move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom