Good first build? Tell me what you think!

What's your primary goal for this build (i.e. gaming, browsing, video editing, etc.)? And what's your budget?

Why do you need 32GB of different speed RAM paired to a cheap Pentium? Why do you need a Bluray drive? Why a 1TB internal and 1TB external? Why a 13 dollar extra Corsair fan when other parts are skimped on? This rig doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

So I have never built a computer ever, (Noob) do you guys think this is good?

Intel Pentium G4400, MSI Radeon R7 360, Thermaltake Versa H23 - System Build - PCPartPicker

Why do you need 32GB of different speed RAM paired to a cheap Pentium? Why do you need a Bluray drive? Why a 1TB internal and 1TB external? Why a 13 dollar extra Corsair fan when other parts are skimped on? This rig doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I like how you completely glossed over my questions. If you want to game with that you need to rethink your choices.

PP, why are you being so condescending? He flat out stated that he's never built a rig before and wanted to know if we thought it was good. Instead of asking him if he needs each item then telling him to rethink his choices, it sounds like he needs guidance as to why some of the choices aren't good ones based on how he wants to use the rig. Like many first time builders, he may not have any particular reason for the parts that were chosen aside from brand recognition.

Yak, I'm not an expert at builds so I'm not sure that I would be as helpful here as some of the other folks. Hopefully somebody will jump in with some feedback for you. Good web site to keep track of the build parts, though. I know quite a few folks who use it.

This is a rough draft I've put together of a build that I'm going to start within the next few months: Intel Core i7-6700K, EVGA GeForce GTX 960, Corsair Graphite Series 230T Orange - System Build - PCPartPicker

Because I answered the other 2 threads with no replies from the OP as is looks like this one will become the same. Not condescending when they are legit questions, as it makes absolutely no sense. If he answered me why he thought he needed those instead of ignoring my post I'd answer him to correct him. It's psychology 101. State why you feel it's necessary, then have the proper answers back and why he would need something else or why a certain item isn't necessary. In the computing world people think some things are necessary for the wrong reasons. It's best to educate why or why not rather than simply stating no, no, and no. It's also better to understand their thought process when choosing parts rather than assuming so you can better help them with their build and learn.

Back
Top Bottom