i need a EASY 2 USE endoscope

I don't think you need to cover or protect the camera.
i don't think you understand what i am going to do. i am going to cut 2 holes in the tennis ball, slide the camera thru, then tape up both sides and around the ball. the lens will protrude thru the ball. the goal is to keep sludge, dirt, soap scum, etc. off from the lens, so i do not have to keep dragging it back out to clean it. i want to keep the lens 1/2-3/4" off the bottom of the pipe. not for water, but dirt. as far as the caustic solution, the pipes are PVC plastic. depending on what i find, i think i am more likely to either try to pull it back out, or push it thru the pipe. but there are a lot of variables. just depends on what i find. and where it is.

I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think it's going to end well. I forsee the ball coming off that scope and making the problem worse. Also, where exactly is this plug at? A tennis ball is freaking huge, so I doubt you're going to get it into a sink drain...

well, the camera showed up today! and your right, a tennis ball is way to big. i was thinking the pipe would be 1 1/2 or 2" id. well, its 1 1/2 under the house. anyway, i was expecting the cable to be stiffer than it is. so i am going to have to get a fish tape to move it down the pipe.

Just cut the pipe already XD it's not hard to rejoin. If you're hitting it with your drain snake then you know where the block is. Hacksaw, pull crap out, $1 joiner and a bit of PVC glue. Done. All this fuss with cameras and tennis balls :p

Just cut the pipe already XD it's not hard to rejoin. If you're hitting it with your drain snake then you know where the block is. Hacksaw, pull crap out, $1 joiner and a bit of PVC glue. Done. All this fuss with cameras and tennis balls :p

Well where's the fun in that? :p Not everyday you get to feel like you're on a SWAT team! lol

Well this way he gets to go in and do some "wet work", do an "extraction", and "mop up" afterwards. Still sounds pretty SWAT-y to me :p

Just cut the pipe already XD it's not hard to rejoin.

you are correct, cutting the pipe is easy, and so is joining them. BUT, #1) i have to know WHERE to cut, or i could have several cuts to reconnect. 2) and this is the BIG deal, is PAIN! and this is not the take 2 Aleve for all day relief type of pain. this is 24/7/365 morphine type of pain, that is barely enough relief to do my daily chores, when they are broken up into 10-15 minute jobs all day long. crawling around in the dirt under the house is excruciating. i am old, and my body is beat 3/4 to death. i have arthritis, and 3 disabling spine injuries. if i was 20 years younger, this would have been done within 24 hours of the problem arising. but now i have to do everything in my power to not go down, crawl around, and just whack and paste. i know its almost inevitable, but i will be laid up for 2 or 3 days afterwards if i have to do just that. so if i can find a way to not go down and play in the dirt, i will. i do not like talking about my pain. but its a fact of life for me. if i did not have it, #1) i would be working. #2) i would have so many things to do, i would seldom be on my computer. but 2 of the 3 "fixes" (surgery) have to high of a risk of being confined to a wheelchair for the rest of my life. which is to much risk for me.

Hey, how about strapping that camera to the snake instead? THAT might actually work out kinda well and give you some flexibility at the same time. Plus, you may be able to try to grab it with the snake if you can see why it's not quite grabbing it.

Back
Top Bottom