Dell optiplex upgrade

Ghostsong

Tactical Espionage Poster
I have a guy needing a gpu (just for an hdmi out), a WiFi card, and possibly a psu. The only number on the computer he has is off the auction he won it off of which leads me here..

Refurbished Dell Desktop Computer PC Dual Core 3 4GHz 4GB 250GB Windows 7 64 Bit | eBay

Will that case take full size components? Can you link me some things on best buy he can go pick up today? Thanks for the help.

Edit: it's an optiplex 745. Also realized I posted this in New systems instead of upgrades. Sorry.

Last edited:
Need to figure out exactly which model it is because the 745 has 4 different versions. Also that machine is going to be slow as cold ****.
Yeah I'm trying to explain to him it's probably too small to properly upgrade. The only psu I can find that size seems to be made by Dell and they're all 250w. He essentially wants to stick a video card with a minimum 300w requirement and roll the dice. I assume I can just throw any cheap low profile card in there and send him on his way right? I mean I did warn him beforehand.

They make 710s and 730s that will work just fine in the SFF case which is what I'm assuming was purchased. The problem is the best chip is a Pentium D and the video card is the least of his worries. We're talking older than a decade processor here and not even really suitable for an internet box.

Back
Top Bottom