Registry errors on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

88accordlxcarb

Beta member
Hi, i have a computer that i put XP on about a month ago. For the past couple of weeks i have been getting registry errors at startup. When i enter my password on the login screen, and it loads my desktop, the error reporting thing pops up and says the system has recovered from a serious error. Then a screen pops up that says

"One of the files containing the systems registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful"

It is delaying my startup, and im sure causing some problems when i am running the computer. I have tried using Registry fixing programs like Registrey First AID, and Regcheck, but it still does it.

What is the problem?

BTW, i tried to search but the search button would not work.

XP Pro
Asus CUSL2 motherboard
512 PC133 memory
40 gig
Voodoo 3 3000 video card

Jason

oh no!

i not so sure if there's a way to recover it...

when it comes to registry error..i just reinstall xp.

or you can do a system restore first..

Have you done a system restore?

If that doesn't help you could always do a repair from the Recovery Console on your XP disk. Go here for details

http://www.windows-help.info/xp_regfix.htm

If nothing works do as suggested above but do a 'live install' and don't reformat anything unless you want to lose your data.

BCCode:1000000a BCP1:F2A88FFC BCP":00000002 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:804DC42A OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product:768_1 no idea what this means I am a really non - techy techy if u can use this to hack me good for u but ill just return it and get a new 1 other info=C\DOCUME~1\KCDUFF~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1325.DIR00\Mini123104-01.dmp and the other uses the same route up to dir00\sysdata.xml well thats just 1 of them something to do with the IRQL if u r a tru techy ull help me out at least explain how to system restore with a music cd or dvd or whats wrong with a IP address being 1 or more or something like that and why when my system goes into suspend I have to watch kid's TV until the batteries give out !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom