Need in process build help!!

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
My buddy's case has some pre attached standoffs. When i tighten the screws the standoffs spin in the back of the case. Because of this I can't get most of the screws to be touching ththe board they just keep spinning. The board appears stable as its in the case standing up and isn't moving, but do I need the screws to be touching for grounding purposes? Or is it okay if some don't touch the board?

Thanks

It's the DIY game max-w. The motherboard appears in place but I am having some issues. I turned it on and the fans for everything are spinning it appears to be running but I am getting no video to the monitor. I unplugged his video card and am trying to use the hdmi and vga from his motherboard but that won't work either. We missplaced the little speaker for troubleshooting so I'm really stuck here

I'm currently in tjthe middle of the build process and am completely stuck so any and all help would be greatly appreciated !

Need to take everything out of the case and just try motherboard, CPU, and RAM on the motherboard box with the monitor plugged into one of the IGP slots. No drive, no GPU, and make sure to clear the bios too.

Damnit this is going beyond my capabilities and knowledge. Never had any issues with other builds. the problem is that due to the standoffs being stripped, we can't get the motherboard out of the case.

It came stripped I think it's a cheap case. I took out a ram stick and it boots but his case fans are not running. It appears they all run off of one of those wide connectors that has four pins. Any ideas on how to get those running?

I had them plugged in to the PSU but hte fan controller had the fans set to off... lol.

But I am having a ram problem. I bought two 8 gig sticks it came in the same pack. One worked in dim 2 by itself but when it was in dim 2 and dim 4 there was no video to the monitor. I tried putting the stick from 4 into 2 by itself and no video. Is it safe to say the 2nd stick of ram is no good?

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom