New PC

This is stated on the page the OP linked to: "Warranty: 2 year return-to-base warranty on assembly, see individual product pages for warranty duration on each component"
Yes but that doesn't specifically state exactly what they will do. Return-to-base ok that's obvious send the unit back, but on assembly? So does this warranty cover sending the unit back to upgrade a part? Does this cover shipping damage so they'll fix it after initial assembly? If something breaks do they cover the individual piece or do you have to send the whole unit back to replace one part?

10.4 In relation to returning faulty products, warranty periods are strictly enforced by manufacturers (and in relation to PCCG Custom System Products, which is defined in clause 18.1, by us). It is therefore important that you immediately apply for a Return Authorisation number as soon as you become aware of the need to do so. When we receive your product, we will assess whether the product has a fault and can be accepted as a warranty claim. We may be required to consult with the manufacturer or their repair agent to determine the fault and resolution. If we have to send your product to the manufacturer or their repair agent, we will ask them to assess the product and provide their assessment within a reasonable timeframe. Where the assessment finds that there is no fault with the product, or that the product has been damaged due to use of the product by you for a purpose for which it is not intended, outside its recommended parameters or specifications, or circumstances otherwise beyond our control, we may require, at our option, that you compensate us for any fees incurred by us in relation to the assessment. Once your product assessment is completed, we will inform you whether your warranty claim is accepted, and subject to clause 18, whether we will repair, replace or refund your product.

Their clause here also doesn't really give any assurance. Just sounds to me like something breaks you gotta send it to them. They will then screw with it and then send it to the manufacturer. Sounds like a several week long process and not a real guaranteed warranty by the company for their assembled machine, which is I'm assuming what the OP wants. You buy a Dell, your Dell breaks, they will send somebody to fix it depending on which kind of warranty you have.

IMO, i think you could get a LOCAL ,REPUTABLE, computer shop that is close to home to build you a very similar machine, for the same kind of money. and when he breaks it, it would just be jump in the car, and get it back in a day or two, rather than a week or more shipping it back and fourth. also, whatever you buy, ask about warranty coverage for software problems. what i have seen with my kids is its the software more than the hardware that they screw up. and with today's shop rates, that could easily be a couple of hundred $ in repair bills.

Back
Top Bottom