build day

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
well, the last of my parts showed up this afternoon. so i am going SLOW, trying not to make mistakes. i have some wires that i can not connect. which does not surprise me to much. there is a fairly narrow 4 wire plug that comes from the audio panel, that will not fit anywhere. and i really do not know what it is. i attached a photo, its the top port in the grey panel. the marking almost looks like maybe its for an antenna??? the other, i only had about a 2% hope of reconnecting. its the wire from the front panel firewire connector. and there was no mention of the M.B. having a connector for. i do have one issue, that i do not know how to handle. there are 2 system fan connectors on the m.b., but both are 4 wire plugs. and of course, the fans i have are 3 wire. i don't know if i can just slide the connector to one side, or if i need an adapter, or just buy new fans. i hope those are all i have, but i am not done yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 7
ok, another "problem". does anyone make a USB 2.0 9 pin header doubler splitter? i spent 1/2 hour looking online for such a thing. i need another usb header to plug my card reader into.

i really shouldnt have to ask this question. but like so many aftermarket items, they leave important info out of the instructions. so, to get to it, i bought an adapter to be able to keep using my "LightScribe" dvd burner. which was a 40 pin IDE connector. so the adapter changes the cable to a SATA cable. my problem is, that on the connector where the sata cable connects, there are 2 spots for cables. one says "to computer". and the other says "to drive". so do i need a cable from each of those to the motherboard? or will one do both. i thought sata cables flowed data in both directions. but with the adapter, it may not be able to spread the data across all 40 pins. my big fear of course is power going where it is not supposed to, and something frying.

ok, here are pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1
Just need to plug SATA into the 'To Computer' port, and then your IDE LightScribe drive into the IDE port on the other side.

The 'To Drive' port is for if you were trying to hook up a SATA drive to a motherboard that only has IDE.

Back
Top Bottom