MSI error 1606

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
Whenever I run an MSI file to either install or uninstall a previously installed program, I get the following error:

"Error 1606.Could not access network location
%USERPROFILE%\Recent\."

I can't seem to find anything on this particular error anywhere except that it seems to be an invalid registry entry.

Thanks, but still no luck. One thing that seems out of place is that the registry key
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders"
contains a value "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Recent"
However, I do not see the "Recent" folder in explorer. When I tried to create a new folder and name it "Recent" it said the folder already exists, but again I can't see it and hidden folders are visible.

It just occured to me that the "Recent" folder has a "friendly" name of "My Recent Documents" which is why I wasn't seeing it anywhere. Still, I don't see why MSI installers are having trouble finding it.

Well I have found that everything works when logged on as administrator. I was able to uninstall and install just fine, but still not working when logged on to my regular account (with admin permissions) Maybe this gives someone a better idea what's up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom