ram cooler..

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, my dog weighs a solid 85 pounds, and he looks pretty fiercesome, while i do remember you from your picture, which didn't exactly strike fear into my heart "tom cruise look-alike" is one statement i remember :)

sorry, didn't read the whole thread, but here's my two cents...

The active cooler is what you're really supposed to get, as there's a lot of controversy if the panels by themselves even work. The ones from thermaltake with the fan is what you should be looking at. It's kinda like sticking a metal panel (hdd cooler) on a hard drive without a fan.. you really think it's going to help disperse the heat?

*edit*
Yea i have the tt active ram coolers and i dunno if it's helping me to overclock, but i'm using corsair ram (3-4-4-9) i think are it's stock timings, it's running at 2-3-3-3 currently

the thermaltake volcano active coolers have to be workin over time for those timigs!!!! demalii thats really cool but i havent seen corsair w/ those stock timings.

if you ask me, its a waste of money. Ram doesnt emit much heat, and if you have decent cooling, the small amount of heat with be easily dealt with

hey but if you dont plan on ocing your ram then active coolers for them is pintless to right? and if everybody thinks that the plates are pointless then why have them? to look cool!!!

P.P. Mguire said:
hey but if you dont plan on ocing your ram then active coolers for them is pintless to right? and if everybody thinks that the plates are pointless then why have them? to look cool!!!

don;t give you any OC'ing boost either way as i have noticed. some people say it gave them an extra 3MHz or sumthin...i figure they could have gotten that much more without them too. they just hadn't tried yet. they look kewl reither way:)

"Well the RAMsinks are different from heatspreaders. They are just the little metal heatsinks that go on each individual RAM chip.... I personally don't know what the best are out right now, but I know Ag3 does..."

The best RAMsinks are manufactured by TweakMonster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom