Broke my monitor screen :p

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
Well, I've been quite unlucky and clumsy this month. Last night I was using my pc and I accidentally tripped over my acer monitor's power cord (don't comment on why u should have tucked the wire in behind the desk :)). The monitor fell and the screen cracked. All the pixels went funny and stuff.

The crack looks a bit like this picture I got from Google images:
cracked_broken_lcd_monitor_screen.jpg

Luckily, I got a warranty for my monitor but I don't know if it will be valid for the problem I have. My monitor is an acer v226hql.

Also, I would like to know if there is an 'acer authorised service provider' in my city (Birmingham, uk). I don't want to spend like £30 on delivering my monitor to acer.

I don't think I remember where I bought it from but I think I bought it from Ccl computers on eBay.

Doh! But the warranty doesn't say it excludes accidental damage

It doesn't have to say that. It just has to say what it covers, although I'm sure if you look hard enough there is a list of exclusions that are considered to be "not all inclusive."

Where did you buy it from?

Well this is what i got online and said on my monitor's user guide:

http://static.acer.com/up/Resource/...1512_WY_Acer_MN_EMEA_3_years_MC.40811.025.pdf

Still says there ;).

This Limited Warranty does not extend to:
2.1.1 any product not manufactured by or for Acer, or first sold to an end-user in a country outside the
Territorial Scope of this Limited Warranty.
2.1.2 any product that has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of
2.1.2.1 use of the System other than for its normal intended use, including, without limitation, failure to use the
System in accordance with the User's Guide that accompanies the System, or any other abuse or neglect with
respect to the System;

Tripping over the cable and cracking the LCD is outside of the normal, intended use ;).

Extra / accidental damage warranties (that you purchase separately) however would usually cover such a problem.

Last edited:
Doh! Can i just fix it? Can I just start complaining about customer service on the phone and then they might give me some kinda discount or something? Its gonna take me ages to save £75 for a new monitor.

Lol, btw I'm using my spare broken Wxp laptop for typing this :p

:OhGodWhy:

Doh! Can i just fix it? Can I just start complaining about customer service on the phone and then they might give me some kinda discount or something? Its gonna take me ages to save £75 for a new monitor.

Lol, btw I'm using my spare broken Wxp laptop for typing this :p

:OhGodWhy:

Don't do that. Having worked in a retail environment dealing with that, it's just not cool, and most of the time you're not going to get any sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom