Transfer HDD from laptop to empty laptop

You can't transfer the licence, soblegally you can't do this.

But yes you can swap out hard drives, I have never encountered an issue since windows 7 was released.
I just make sure all the manufacturers drivers are removed before placing it in another computer.

yeah if you sysprep it, but I didnt want to get to technical :cool:

plus its always best to do a fresh install and restore data from backup.

You can't transfer the licence, soblegally you can't do this.

But yes you can swap out hard drives, I have never encountered an issue since windows 7 was released.
I just make sure all the manufacturers drivers are removed before placing it in another computer.
You have about a 50/50 shot with Win7 and up, I've found. Usually I've only been able to get a direct swap working only with Win7 Pro for some reason... Home or Enterprise? Nope - never would work for me.

yeah if you sysprep it, but I didnt want to get to technical :cool:
Even with a sysprep I've tried it and it still BSOD'd at startup.

OK,thanks.What I wanted to do is put her HDD into my HP laptop as the HP is a lot better than hers and I would give mine to her.O well,was a thought.She may buy a new HDD for mine and I would put 7 on it and then do the upgrade to 10,as normal.Thanks for all your replies guys.

Well you can wipe the HDD before putting it in the HP, and then use the key from the HP system to install Win7 and then do the upgrade to Win10. Then you'll be all nice and legal. That or like you said, buy a new HDD and install 7 / upgrade to 10.

Back
Top Bottom